R&B Cormier has over 27 years of experience in consulting and contracting in Canada and abroad with a focus on natural resource mapping, remote sensing, inventory and development due diligence.
R&B Cormier is pleased to announce its recent expansion of its consulting division towards asset and sustainable energy planning to assist Canadian and international clients with the global commitment towards mitigating climate change and lowering greenhouse gas emissions (Paris Climate Accords, 2016).
Leveraging its experience in natural resource planning and forestry management, R&B Cormier’s team seeks to assist Canadian municipalities, public, private and non-profit clients with:
- Greenhouse gas (GHG) mitigation by identifying offsets from public and private forest lands;
- Corporate Planning in:
- Energy and Demand Management;
- Asset Management, Change Detection and Planning;
- Emergency Preparedness and Disaster Management; and,
- Change and Project Management
Emily Cormier, Consulting Associate
Emily recently joined the R&B Cormier team as the associate responsible for leading the consulting division. Emily is a Project Manager with a background in natural resources, in particular in forest resource inventory (FRI) and Energy Planning. Her professional experience includes work in the Canadian Corporate, Municipal, Private, First Nation and Federal sectors. Emily is multilingual (English, French and Spanish) and has a Master’s Degree in International Business and a Specialization in Project Management.
Emily worked for the Economic Development Corporation of Wawa from 2014 to 2017 where she worked on the 2016 Wawa Energy Plan (winner of the 2017 Ontario Sustainable Energy Association (OSEA) Community Project of the year 2017 Award) and Five-Year Energy Conservation and Demand Management Plan. Emily is a passionate public and motivational speaker with who focuses on promoting successful project and change management. Recent speaking engagements include:
- Guest Speaker, reThink Green Northeastern Ontario Community Energy Planning Project, Webinar, November 2017
- Speaker, Billings Township Green Talks Earth Day 2017, Kagawong, ON, April 2017
- Panel Speaker, Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry Bioheat Opportunities in Rural & Remote Communities Workshop, Timmins, ON, October 2016
- Keynote Speaker, Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry Bioheat Opportunities in Rural & Remote Communities Workshop, Thunder Bay, ON, April 2016